As of July 1, 2021, the Kent Cultural Alliance entered in contract with the Town of Chestertown to Manage the Chestertown Arts & Entertainment District (A&E). As this position was previously a part-time position with no benefits, the KCA is adding the duties of a manager for its new visiting artist residency program to create a full-time position with benefits.
The Project Manager will be a full -time, salaried position that devotes 2 days per week to A&E and 3 days per week to KCA. The Project Manager will be supervised by the Executive Director of the Kent Cultural Alliance and will have physical work space in the KCA’s new Raimond Cultural Center building at 101 Spring Avenue (when completed).
FOR A&E: The District Manager’s duties and responsibilities will include the following: • Serve as the District’s point person for community members with questions about boundaries, incentives, property availability, grant opportunities, etc.
- Conduct and maintain asset inventory: artists, studios, live/work spaces, available properties (commercial and residential), etc.
- Coordinate/facilitate the meetings and activities of the volunteer A&E Advisory Board.
- Work with KCA Director, with the support of the A&E Advisory Board to design and implement signature programming in the District.
- Lead efforts in marketing/promoting the District: maintain District webpages on both the Town and KCA websites, publicize District benefits and activities.
- Liaise with local government officials, including quarterly (or as needed) reports to the Mayor and Council and all permitting and coordination for A&E sponsored events.
- Liaise with the Maryland State Arts Council for meetings and workshops, annual reporting responsibilities, arts advocacy or other state-wide A&E District initiatives.
- Connect with peers in other districts to share resources, insights, and experiences. • Act as the lead on applying for operating and/or technical assistance grants from the Maryland State Arts Council or other funders, including federal and state agencies and private foundations.
- Complete grant reports and other required paperwork in a timely manner. • Oversee the District’s budget.
Provide support services for local artists (local artist registries, connections between artists and businesses, professional development workshops, etc.)
FOR KCA: The Residency Manager’s duties will include the following
- Report directly to KCA Director
- Serve as the primary contact for visiting artist as well as local artist initiatives • Coordinate and facilitate application process for each six-week residency • Coordinate with artists re travel, materials, supplies for residency
- Coordinate exhibitions, in partnership with KCA Director and Board.
- Coordinate all public facing programs related to residency/local artist initiatives • Coordinate marketing and design needs for residency/local artist initiatives • Work in collaboration with KCA Director on budget, grants, and reports related to residency.
- Other duties as assigned
TO APPLY: by July 5, 2021, send letter of interest that includes relevant work experience (or resume) to:
Kent Cultural Alliance
101 Spring Avenue
Chestertown, MD 21620
Or via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org